Cloud Watchers

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWe have become expert cloud watchers at Pre School last week.  Unfortunately they were the wrong sort of clouds (ie not rain clouds!).  The clouds were white and fluffy and when we layed down on the mats we could see them moving and we could see pictures in the clouds.  Several keen photographers took these photos during outside time.

And today it finally rained while we were at Pre School.  Anders and Chelsea were organised.  They brought their umbrellas!  We went outside and walked in the rain.  Mrs Grant told us that people who tell us about the weather are called meterologists.  They use tools like a rain gauge and a thermometer to help them.  Meterologists use symbols to tells us about the weather on maps.  We could recognise most of the symbols.  We had a go at making our our own weather map of Australia using some symbols.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

One thought on “Cloud Watchers

1. I love the ever present rainbows – and a meaningful use of them! I think we will be talking about rain tomorrow as well, so I would like to borrow the mapping idea…….