All Australian Early Childhood Services are being assessed by the Department of Education (DEECD) according to a new National Standard from 2012 – 2014. Our turn was at the end of November.
Our service was assessed under the following areas:
- Educational Program and Practice
- Child Health and Safety
- Physical Environment
- Staffing Arrangements
- Relationships with Children
- Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Community
- Leadership and Service Management
We (Staff, Service Provider, Swan Hill Rural City Council and Committees) have been working hard towards a successful assessment since 2011. I am very please to announce that we have achieved an overall rating of ‘Exceeding’ for every area. For those who are unaware of the rating system this is ‘as good as it gets’.
While the bulk of the work falls on the staff and current committee, I would also like to acknowledge the following:
- Current Committee – for support of staff in 2013 (President: Tarryn Secretary: Ann Treasurer: Natalie and all the helpers)
- Swan Hill Rural City Council – for the indoor makeover of our centre and a grant towards our outdoor makeover.
- Mallee Track Health and Community Services – Our Service Provider (Lois)
- Past Committees – for their committment to funding continuous improvement and support of staff
- Manangatang Community – for supporting fundraising over many years
Final thanks to Gayle, my Co Educator who was with me every step of the way. A fantastic result for a small but very committed and active Pre School.
Congratulations, all the hard work has paid off.
Congratulations Merrilyn and Gayle. I never expected anything less! I saw all the hard work and extra hours you put in, not just in the lead up to the assessment but all through the year. A credit to you both and thanks for the quality education you provide in our little town!
Just home and checked in with my emails – congratulations! A fantastic result and affirmation of what you both have achieved in Manangatang – a lovely start to the NEw Year to clebrate what everybody who knows your kinder, and you both, already knew – that Manangatang is EXCELLENT and that the children and families there are very very lucky! Happy holidays!